Lizzie Bell's Story...
Thanks for visiting my website. I'm one of just 1000 people in
the world with Diamond Blackfan Anemia. This is when my
bone marrow produces insufficient red blood cells for my
Social Media Feeds
GET INVOLVED…It’s amazing what people can do when they work together.
Blood Donation There are many children who depend on blood donations because of burns, injuries, surgeries and more. Just one pint of blood donated from an adult will save up to three lives. You can help by donating blood at your local blood donation center. Every 2 seconds someone needs blood or blood products.
Take a pinch for a kid. To schedule an appointment in your area call: 1-800-RED-CROSS Please make sure to let them know you are donating in honor of Lizzie Bell.
2014 Blood Drives: TBA. While Lizzie is still POST-Marrow transplant we will assist you in hosting your first blood drive anywhere in the country, just CONTACT US!
1) Find out from your Children's Hospital which blood center supplies their donated blood products.
2) Make your appointment with that center, donate blood 2-4 times a year.
3) ALWAYS bring a friend or two!
4) EAT a meal, drink WATER before you donate.
5) Tell them, Lizzie Bell sent you!
ALWAYS donate blood on World Blood Donor Day, June 14th! We hope to have a local drive the week of June 16th. We will keep you posted. Questions? Want to help! CONTACT US!
To Register on line: Visit http://join.bethematch.org/give
* Make sure the promotion code GIVE is written in the promo code section of the online form
* Fill out the consent form. At the end of the online consent form, you may leave a donation of any size to help us continue our life-saving work
* A cheek swab kit will be mailed to your indicated home address. Simply follow the swabbing directions and return your kit in the mail.
Registry Locations in Tucson:
If you live in or are visiting Tucson and want to join the National Marrow Registry, you can stop in any of the following State Farm offices during regular business hours and register. It takes 10 minutes to fill out a form followed by a simple cheek swap with a Qtip. Each of the following State Farm agents has been certified as authorized agents of Be The Match National Marrow Registry®
Dave Clarkson 7485 E Broadway Blvd 520-721-4646
Mike Herd 8750 E Speedway Blvd Ste 150 520-722-1311
Melissa Tureaud 6801 E. Camino Principal, Suite B 520-296-9525
Tom Tatro 4759 E Camp Lowell Drive 520-323-2253
Regina Hart 8295 N Cortaro Rd Ste 101 520-744-1857
Rebecca Sanford 5605 E River Road, Ste 211 520-615-0800
Al Vasey 7401 E 22nd Street 520-514-0222
Paul Heiser 3801 E Ft. Lowell, Suite 101 520-327-7884
Merrie McCain-Connon - 10222 E Rita Road #110 520-574-3223
Tucson Agency Field Office - 1745 E. River Road, #135 520-877-5514